Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hi, Everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful summer and are easing into autumn. Lots went on here (okay, by "here" I am referring to Debbie's Two Bit Ranch) with first the purchase of a handsome paint Quarter Horse gelding by the name of "EX Qs My Design", or "Q" for short. But she hadn't had Q for a month when he suffered a seizure. For the present time, she is keeping Q and she found "Ebony", a 17 hands Tennessee Walker. Ebony is her dream-come-true horse. Those of you who know me, know I am gritting my teeth in envy from wanting to ride Ebony myself! Alas, I couldn't get on a Shetland Pony, let alone a t-a-l-l Tennessee Walker! So, my riding is done vicariously through Debbie.

I have found yet another craft that I love to do. This one is decorating horseshoes (okay, you knew it had to have something to do with horses!). I am finishing up my third horseshoe now and I kinda like how it is turning out. Here are the first two I've made . . . 

The first one is made from an iron horseshoe and it was not very friendly to my hands. The second one, made as a wedding gift, is made from an aluminum "eventer" horseshoe and was much kinder to my hands. I am learning more and more with each one. Be watching for the third one, I am really excited about it.

Yes, you guessed it. I will be making these to sell.

I will also be putting up some of my photos for sale in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment